Saturday, December 22, 2007

PopFUZE #1


Part 1 of a new Joe Casey interview is online, and you can read it by clicking on the title of this post. Part of the interview looks at the new Youngblood book coming out of Image Comics in the new year. As much as the return of Youngblood was a shock to the pop culture system, it's re-launch at Image nearly sent hundreds of fanboys to cardiac wards across the USA.

I like Casey's work; I have read the first two G0dland TPBs and they are a great read. His take on Youngblood Maximum is also pretty cool. As much as I wish Rob Liefeld was more heavily involved in the re-launch, Casey gives me faith that this is going to be the best version of the book out on the spinner racks since the mid 1990s.

Anyone who knows me and my obsession with comics will know how excited I am to see Liefeld's creator-owned work back on the shelves. I am so enthusiastic for anything that Rob does because there is an awesome underlying energy that pervades all his work - it consumes him and travels millions of kilometers around the world consuming his fans.

EMF are back, Youngblood is back, Liefeld is back; it doesn't get any better than this.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Clicky Web Analytics