Monday, October 20, 2008

DragonFUZE #27

Today, I did something rather rash... Before I go into that, I just want to explain that at home we have two computers that operate on a shared network. However, on our shared network, we only have one Microsoft Office license, which means that when my wife uses Excel or Powerpoint or Word, well I can't use them! I am on a week holiday from work and keen to get some writing done.

So, I decided to check out a system called Google Docs that my new boss showed me a few weeks back. By saving all of my scripts and story notes to Google Docs, I can work on these stories while my wife uses Microsoft Office because I access and save the documents onto Google's database. This also means that I can work on the documents no matter which computer I use without needing portable hard drives or USB sticks or anything like that.

I transfered all of my active comic book/ prose story files over to Google Docs and then I was about to start writing some notes for Scratch when I came up with an idea to write a story for our little boy all about the origin of phayries.

So, I have spent the better part of my first day of holidays looking through the work of Brian Froud (if you don't know who he is, shame on you!), reading about creation myths and writing some of my own. This story is about the birth of the universe, the creation of phayries and other mythical beings (some naughty and not so nice!). My intention is for the story to be suitable for all ages, but it will have some scarier elements; I want to go for the feel of something like The Dark Crystal, which is essentially an all-ages fantasy, although there are some very terrifying aspects to that world.

Well, this project is only a few hours old. But, this blog is the first thing that I have written today that is outside of this story and I have to tell you, I am not enjoying typing this post! I'd rather be off with the phayries!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Clicky Web Analytics