Friday, October 17, 2008

DragonFUZE #26

Two months gone and no creative updates... The reason why is because there really isn't anything to say... Work and life keep me from pursuing much writing these days.

When I last checked in I was still waiting to hear back on my I Hate You pitch. Well, that pitch got knocked back, so all that will ever be is a script and a few rough layout pages.

Other work that I was doing that seems to be on perpetual hold are the horror stories Scratch and HellGrunt and the fantasy story Tikki's Giant. Of them all Scratch, the story of a nightmare gone horribly wrong, is the only one with a likelihood of being published in the near future. I have a possibly interested artist and a possibly interested publisher. What I don't have is a script! I am still haunted by the experience of writing my massacre/ suicide story I Hate You, so I am wary of delving into darkness again for Scratch.

The thing is though, if I never write it I will never know if I could conquer the fear that is holding me back. So, I have to surmount that block. Plus, I think it is a cool and unconventional horror tale, the potential publisher thinks so too. It's time for me to get fingers to keyboard on that one.

On a lighter note, I want to have more Tikki work published in 2009, so it's time to get off my butt on that too. I have two more Tikki stories that I want to do: Tikki's Giant and Tikki's Mirror. I want to get these stories done for two people; myself and my one year old boy, so that should be a good motivator!

Hopefully later this year, or early next year, I will have more updates for you. I really want these and other DragonFUZE Comics stories out there!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Clicky Web Analytics