Friday, February 22, 2008

DragonFUZE #7

While I am STILL struggling with the transition on the plot from #1 to #2 of my horror/ action book, I can cheerfully update you on things that are happening with the characters from Tiki's Phayrie, the 10 page all-ages fantasy story that I wrote, which was drawn by Michael Kasinger, and appeared in MangaQuake - a UK-based anthology - last year...

The initial story was all about thief and would-be mage Tiki, a young teenager who lives in a fantasy/ magical world and her quest to gain her very own fairy. Well, the other night, I came up with an idea for a sequel of sorts called Tikki's Giant. I haven't ironed out many of the details yet, but at 1:30 am I did what I needed to do: scribbled down some basic notes and then spent the rest of the night dreaming about the story!

So, another new tale is on my plate, a sequel of sorts to Tikki and Malinki's first adventure. Also, it's yet another story that takes place before the 6 - 8 issue series that I have been writing for years which features both characters.

Oh, and you may have noticed that in the first story I spelled Tiki's name with one 'k' and in the second I am spelling Tikki with two. I never intended for there to be any link between my character Tikki and tiki idols, but a number of people have mentioned this to me. I really love the name Tikki as it somehow perfectly sets up the mischevious, fun-loving adventure-seeking nature of the character. So, the name is staying, with an extra constanant to make her stand out even more!

...

What's that? Oh, that's Tikki, she's telling me that she is setting off for her next adventure in the Trollhaunt Mountains ... I had beter go ...

Wait Tikki! It's going to be cold out in Troll country. You forgot your woolen socks!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Clicky Web Analytics