Thursday, June 5, 2008

PopFUZE #26



Here is Rob Liefeld's cover for Youngblood: Bloodsport #2. WOO HOO! This looks awesome, and I love the coloring by Matt Yackey. Did I mention it's an awesome cover by Rob? Two things annoy me about this cover though; why are Badrock's eyes red? and Why has it taken 5 years for issue #2 to come out?

I love, Love, LOVE Rob's work. Too many people diss him, I believe Rob is a titan of the industry, a pioneer and a highly enthusiastic and energetic creator. But, I also think that Rob lets himself down. This is a real shame because Youngblood could be king again. I really enjoy Rob's strategy of working with high profile writers (Joe Casey, Mark Millar, Alan Moore); this is the path to greatness for Rob's concepts. The books just need to come out.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Crazz said...

I remember that comic! I think I read them back in the 70's or something when I was a wee kid!!

Fri Jun 06, 11:03:00 PM  
Blogger dragonfuze said...

LOL ... Feels that way!

Sat Jun 07, 09:02:00 AM  
Blogger Tyler James said...

Hey Jason...

I kind of felt the same way when I saw that cover. But funny thing, I pulled out Youngblood Bloodsport #1 and looked at the cover (The one with Shaft, Badrock and Suprema) and what do you know...Badrock's eyes were a menacing red on that cover too.

Who knows, maybe Rob is foreshadowing some big doings...Either way, at least Yackey's being consistent.

Wed Jun 11, 12:42:00 PM  
Blogger dragonfuze said...

Hmm, it's been a long time since I have seen that cover; I will have to check it out.

Thu Jun 12, 03:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Clicky Web Analytics