Sunday, January 6, 2008

DragonFUZE #5

Well, it's great to be able to update you again on my comics work; the new year has rolled around and I seem to have re-discovered my energy and enthusiasm for writing.

This is a good thing!

I spent a few hours yesterday working on my horror comic. I have finished the plots for #1 and am working on #2. In doing so, I have hit one of those annoying story dead ends; I know what has to happen, I am just not entirely sure about how I can pull that off.

On the plus side, I have discovered a way to include some of my old characters in the book, I am talking about ideas I came up with more than six or seven years ago. When I envisaged these characters, they were really magical powered superheroes, heavily influenced by Image circa 1994. Well, those types of characters don't really fit into this horror/ action comic, so I will re-work them. Still, I find it encouraging that characters which have long been dormant, their future never progressed further than a few brief descriptive lines in a notebook, have their chance to make a comeback and to actually be published.

The publisher emailed me a few days ago to say that his focus is on another project for the near future. That suits me well, I have this problem with the plot in issue #2 to clear up and it's going to take me a while to find the details on those old characters; I think the book is in a file in my cupboard, but at my place you can never be sure ...

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Crazz said...

Hang in there with the plot Jason! And remember I'm always available for free consultations and synergy!

Mon Jan 07, 08:05:00 PM  
Blogger dragonfuze said...

Hmmm, free consultations; that's an offer I can't refuse!! Thanks Crazz!

Mon Jan 07, 10:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Clicky Web Analytics