Thursday, January 3, 2008

PopFUZE #9


If you click on the title of this post, it will take you to extended features and interviews all based around Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, the movie comes out in 5 1/2 months! Thanks to Vanity Fair for the awesome coverage!

Reading all these stories and interviews has gotten me really pumped. I love Indy, he's a great character who always just scrapes through his laugh out loud, by the seat of your pants adventures. To borrow an Americanism, Harrison Ford owns Indy, far more then he ever did even Han Solo. Indy is a living, breathing advneturer, you can believe in what he is going through, it's much more credible than being frozen in carbonite.

The other thing I love about Indy is that he takes his knocks. I love heroes who take a beating, either physically or emotionally. I do that to all of my heroes in the stories that I hope you will read soon. I did it to Tiki in Tiki's Phayrie (Future Quake Press); she climbed up a tower, fought with a powerful mage, leapt out of a window, plunged to the ground into a pile of feathers, had a cage land on her head, was attacked by a Phayrie and then she was chased to within inches of death by a dragon; all in the space of 10 pages! So, you can see why I have an affinity with Indy!

I am also an incredibly nostalgic person, hence my continual love for all the stories that shaped my childhood: Star Wars, ET, TRON, The Dark Crystal, Get Smart, Superman, Indiana Jones and, of course, comic books. Just as I was overcome with emotion when I first saw each of the Star Wars prequels and Superman Returns in the cinema, I expect to feel that catch in my throat as the theatre darkens just before the theme song rolls for Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. I can't wait for this movie, I can't wait to own the inevitable DVD box set that collects all four Indy movies.

I can't wait to be a kid once again!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Clicky Web Analytics