Tuesday, January 6, 2009

DragonFUZE #31

I'm well past half way through the script for Tikki's Giant #1 so, hopefully, I am on track to have this in the bag by the end of the month. This is a really fun comic to write and I am having a chance to get some of my other characters, besides Tikki and Malinki, to shine. In particular the story will focus on two characters, a mage and a knight, that I created way back... I think it was in 2003.

The story starts with a giant rampage and now I have gotten past the necessary talking heads and set up, added a bit of phayrie action and gotten to the point where Tikki and Malinki are headed off to hunt giants! When I say 'giant' I mean 'GIANT'! These beasts are HUGE so it will be a lot of fun to see Andrew draw them and to see the action unfold as these horrible creatures go head to head with a few knights and some unexpected adversaries.

How I deal with violence in the script, and how it appears on the finished art page, is of concern to me as I want this book to be all ages in the same vein as the original story, Tiki's Phayrie, so that is creating some interesting challenges. But, things can be scary and characters can be tested without blood being spilled. After all, I want our son to be able to read these sooner rather than later and at the moment he is 15 months old.

I have had this story in my head for close to a year now, so it is nice to see it finally finding some form on the page. More updates, and hopefully some art/ character designs, soon.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

just stopped by to say hello, jason. goodluck on your creative project!

Wed Jan 07, 06:39:00 PM  
Blogger Brant W. Fowler said...

Hey Jason, I'm glad to hear the creative juices are still flowing and you're accomplishing something, bro. I'm excited. :)

Wed Jan 07, 08:33:00 PM  
Blogger Jason Berek-Lewis said...

Cedric, it's an honour to have an Extreme Studios creator drop by my little blog. Thank you for your support.

Thanks Brant, I'm not letting this year go by without some DragonFUZE Comics comics getting out there...

Thu Jan 08, 10:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Clicky Web Analytics