Tuesday, July 22, 2008

PopFUZE #31



CONGRATULATIONS! to Robert Kirkman who has been announced as the new partner at Image Comics in recognition of his service to the 'i' brand. I have so much respect for Kirkman, his success is certainly inspirational to me. I don't say that in a way that suggests that I am seeking to, or that I think I can, emulate his success. I say that in a way that communicates how much I admire his creativity, skill and achievements.

Judging by the stories that he writes, Kirkman has a good sense of the diversity that is needed in comics. This makes him perfectly suited to his new role at Image.

I always suspected that the big Image announcement at SDCC would be that Rob Liefeld was returning to the fold as a partner. Kirkman was instrumental to Liefeld's being reborn at Image. I can't see them both rising to the heights of Image at the same time, so I guess, while there will still be Liefeld/ Image news at SDCC, Rob won't be back at the top of the company for some time yet...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Clicky Web Analytics