Monday, February 2, 2009

DragonFUZE #34

Last Tuesday night, I caught up with Andrew (the artist on Tikki's Giant). After watching Underworld: Rise Of The Lycans, we chatted for about 2 hours about a whole lot of stuff, but mainly about the Tikki book and the universe the story takes place in. I also had a chance to catch some of Andrew's most recent art in his portfolio, including some finished pages for other projects, and I became really excited about what this Tikki tale will look like when all is said and done! Now, I just have to finish the script for #2.

As I came to the end of last week, I stumbled across an idea for the next comic book project I would like to tackle once writing chores on Tikki are done. I'm thinking this book will be 4 - 6 issues, so it is a big commitment/ step up from the Tikki stories. I really want to write a superhero comic, which is something I have never done. I have written horror, fantasy and real world stories, but not one superhero script in the many years I have been working towards writing comics.

I actually do have a lot of notes/ code names/ powers/ back stories, etc laid out for hundreds of superheroes, but the problem is that most of them suck! LOL. I came up with most of these ideas in the late 90s - early 00s, which was around the time I discovered Image comics and the cool books that launched Image in the early 90s... So, many of these ideas were heavily influenced by that period, not that there is anything wrong with that, but early-Image wasn't noted for its originality in the first place, so ripping off early Image is kind of like riffing on a rip off!

So, late last week, an idea came to me... Now, I am planning on getting this Tikki story done, and then it's straight into my superhero book!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Clicky Web Analytics