Thursday, January 22, 2009

DragonFUZE #33

I am a very happy geek/ creator/ writer tonight. Andrew Law, the amazing artist who is lending his awesome skills to illustrating my Tikki's Giant story has sent my night into geek heaven by shooting through some preliminary character designs; looking at them is a great way to distract myself as I wait to hear back from my editorial team on the script.

These pics were taken with the camera on Andrew's iPhone, so the quality isn't that great, but you can get the sense of Andrew's high fantasy style designs and smooth lines coming through!

First up, my favourite design so far, the mysterious and mischievous Enshae Phayrie known as Malinki:



I love this design; it symbolizes the character's close link to the natural world and her seductive beauty, which actually is a mask which hides awesome powers. I really love the design of her wings, it echoes Tinkerbell...

The other preview I will show you is a head shot of famed warrior and leader of the noble Knights of Lothos, Citadel:



I love the dignity and strength in his face, and the scars are even more awesome than I ever imagined. You will have to read the story or stories to come to learn about how those came to be.

This is one of the most important posts I have ever made on this blog. DragonFUZE Comics is finally coming into being and I have to thank Andrew for his work in making this happen!

More updates soon...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Clicky Web Analytics